HEALTH AND SAFETY
SAFETY IS NO ACCIDENTSafe and Healthy Environment
Allied Crane Hire’s policy is to provide a safe and healthy environment in which our employees, visitors and customers can carry out their business. We aim not to render any service which is likely to cause an accident or exposure that may result in personal injury, damage to equipment or loss in process. Each member of our organization has a responsibility for health and safety and will be held accountable for their actions.
All employees will adopt the safety policy of our customers whilst under their supervision except when in contradiction of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Allied Crane Hire strives to:
- Equip all employees with the necessary personal protective equipment in order to reduce or eliminate risks arising during their normal duties;
- Reduce or eliminate risks in the workplace to ensure a safe and healthy environment;
- Train and appoint elected health and safety representatives in order to represent all employees regarding health and safety issues;
- Train and appoint first-aid personnel to assist in any medical emergency that may arise;
- Inform all Employees of all risks and dangers in their working area by means of induction and/or visible signs;
- Train employees in their specified profession;
- Give employees the opportunity to raise concerns regarding health and safety issues through a health and safety committee;
- Provide well-maintained tools and equipment;
- Supply information and assistance to all employees regarding health and safety issues;
- Inform all employees of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and what rights and responsibilities they have;
- Comply with all health and safety legislation;
- Act in the interest of public safety;
- Encourage personal hygiene at home and at the workplace.